[personal profile] locker_monster
This meme is courtesy of [profile] sl_podcast. Seems all I do lately are memes. ;-)

1. How about a brief introduction?
[personal profile] locker_monster. Horribly obsessed with various fandoms.

2. What got you into fan fiction (and/or adopting muses)?
Joss Whedon. It was about season two or season three of Buffy that I started writing fan fic about the show. I had been somewhat interested in writing before then, something my English teacher in junior high had tried to encourage with me, but it was Buffy that made me want to write more.

3. What kind of fan fiction do you write?
Anything my loopy brain comes up with when I'm thinking about other things (like school).

4. Do you write for the same pairings/characters?
I always try to write different characters, but I always find myself going back to the things I like and I'm familiar with. If there's an idea I really must get down and I'll write it, unfamiliarity be damned.

5. What is your most popular fic/muse and why do you think people like it so?
Hmm, I don't think I have a popular fic. I rarely manage to finish fics so I post very little. People seemed to like "A Different Kind of Companion" for the crossover aspect. Characters who've never met before got to reflect on each other's respective relationships.

6. Forget other people, what is the fanfic/post/prompt you've written that you're most proud of?
I'm actually proud of "A Different Kind of Companion". It was my first crossover fic and my first time writing for Doctor Who. Contrasting Mal/Inara and Ten/Rose was a lot of fun and making the two universes fit together was a nice challenge.

7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What aspects do you struggle with?
Depends on the day. If I get a heck of an idea then it's easy for me to start, but as time goes on I just find what I'm writing utter crap and then I just give up. I find dialogue easy to write but filling in the stuff around it is hard; saying where people are, how they're moving or reacting, what a place looks like, etc.

8. Write a few sentences of your favorite pairing or character.
I have to do what now? Jeez, I can't think of anything. Okay, I officially suck.

9. Are there any fan fiction trends/clichés you hate?
Hmm... I'm not overly fond of baby fics, though if it's done right then I'll read it. Do fan fics have trends?

10. Are you guilty of any of the trends you hate?
Not that I'm aware of. I think someone needs to point out some fic trends to me.

11. What was the first fandom you wrote for? Do you still write for it?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Occasionally. I'm busy with school at the moment, plus there's the whole "never manage to finish writing anything" thing that always hits me.

12. Name your OTPs and explain what it is about them you love to write.
I don't think I've ever used "OTP" to describe a pairing I like. I like Doctor/Rose as a pairing; they helped each other as people, especially in the beginning. Rose found a better way to live and the Doctor dealt with his grief from the Time War. Then they became super attached to each other only to be horribly separated. Mal/Inara because they have so much angst and issues to work through before they can actually get together. I also like Jack/Rose/Doctor but I don't write them as much as I would like.

13. What would you call your writing style?
Under described, if that makes sense. I'm not in the habit of describing things, or if I do, describing them well. I'll just give you a basic description; nothing flowery or new. I also don't delve deep into character's thought process. I think I would be better off writing plays or scripts because you don't have to worry about describing how a person feels; you get that from the dialogue.

15. Name one thing you'd love to write but have been too afraid or too shy to do.
A huge, long, epic multi-chapter story (that doesn't suck). The longest thing I've written to date was 20 chapters. I'd love to tackle something with scope, but I don't have the time and yet again, I always run out of steam and abandon the story.

16. Do you feel uncomfortable taking criticism? Or worse, do you have the dreaded bloated ego?
I always get anxious when I post something. I always think no one will read it, so I'm always happy to see that someone has left a comment. I like to see what people think and how they interpret a story.

17. When you write, is there anything that helps?
If I'm reading something, I think that helps. Stimulates the creative juices. Right now I'm so uninspired because all I'm reading is boring history books. Also, new content from a fandom is good, too. I'm sure when Doctor Who comes back I'll be hit with story ideas, and just in time for the busiest part of my life: exams.

18. What inspires you?
Like I just said, new content. I also get weird ideas when watching TV. It's likely I'm ripping stuff off from other TV shows when that happens.

19. Lastly, how would you sum up your fan fiction/RP experiences and you as a writer?
It's been fun. Writing fan fic has let me meet new people. It also gives me something to work at.
Tags:

Profile

locker_monster: (Default)
locker_monster

May 2019

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
1920 2122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 6th, 2026 12:02 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios